TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are in agreement with all aspects of the purchase of your personalised book/s.
These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the personalised book/s by you (the customer) and us (the supplier).
These are the terms on which we sell the book/s to you. By ordering any of our books that are for sale on the website – www.thestoryof-books.com you are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Customer means the individual purchasing the book/s.
Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the book/s.
Delivery Location means the address you have supplied that is attached to your Paypal account.
Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be address personally to the recipient.
Book/s mean the personalised books advertised on the website that we supply to you.
Order means the customer’s order for the book/s from the supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the website and information as stated on your Paypal account order.
1. The description of the books as set out on the website, brochures, or other forms of advertising. Any description is for illustrative purposes only, and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the books supplied.
2. Any personalisation of the book/s is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that any information provided on the order screen on the website is accurate.
3. All books which appear on the website are subject to an estimated up to 28 day turnaround time due to the printing and dispatching of the books in batches. All books are dispatched using Royal Mail. We do not hold any responsibility for books if held up during the postal delivery times of the process.
4. We may from time to time make changes to the books, and unless they are considerable, you will receive the latest version of the book ordered.
6. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and under these terms and conditions you are in agreement with this.
Basis of Sale
7. The description of the books on our website does not constitute a contractual offer to see the books. When an order has been submitted on the website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try and tell you the reason without delay.
8. The order process is set out on the website. Each step allows you to enter the spelling of the names you want to appear. It is your responsibility to check the spellings as you go and to also check that the postal address on your Paypal account is current.
9. Please check your order within your Paypal account immediately on purchasing the book/s. If there are any discrepancies, please notify us immediately via email – email@example.com.
10. A contract will be formed for the sale of the books ordered once the Paypal payment has reached us.
11. No variation of the sale, whether about the description of the books, fees or otherwise, can be made after the books have been sent to print unless the variation has been agreed by the customer and supplier in writing, prior to print.
12. We intend these Terms and Conditions apply only to a contract entered into by you as a customer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you e.g. multiple purchases for charities and organisations.
Price and Payment
13. The price of the books and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the website at the date of the order or such other price that we may agree in writing.
14. Prices and charges include VAT – please be aware that printed books are zero rated.
15. We use Paypal as the system to pay for your books. You can use credit cards using Paypal by choosing the credit card option.
16. We will deliver the book/s to the delivery location as indicated on your Paypal order.
17. We aim to deliver within 28-45 days. Books are printed in minimum batches and rely on regular orders to enable us to print and delivery in shorter time frames. We do not go to print until the minimum requirement is reached.
18. You agree we may deliver the books in different packages at our expense.
19. If books are damaged in transit or delivery to your address, then you will need to pursue reimbursement via your postal service.
20. You are responsible to provide an address where it is possible to deliver packages.
21. The books will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the books before accepting them.
Risk and Title
22. Risk or damage to, or loss of, the book/s will pass to you when the book/s are delivered to you.
23. You do not own the books until we receive payment in full.
Withdrawal and Cancellation
24. You can withdraw your book order by telling us before the books go to print if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability if you do this within 24 hours of ordering.
25. The book/s are created to your special requirements in order to cancel for any reason you need to let us know immediately and at the latest within 24 hours of your order.
26. This does not affect your rights when the reason for cancellation is for a defective book due to the printing process or content books in which we are at fault. i.e., if you have entered the correct spellings for your book and we have printed them incorrectly.
27. If the books become mixed up with someone else’s.
28. To cancel your order, it is sufficient for you to email us within the deadline specified. We will acknowledge your cancellation – if for any reason you do not get a response you must ensure that you contact us via another means i.e. social media, contact facility on the website. Please check your Junk Mail as well to ensure that you have not missed our response for this reason.
29. If you repeat order, we are not responsible for spotting this mistake. You must check your Paypal account and notify us within 24 hours of you experience any issues with the payment processes.
30. We have a legal duty to supply the books in line with these terms and conditions.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
31. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
(i) The party will advise the other party as soon as is reasonably practicable; and
(ii) The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that the party act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the customer’s rights to delivery and any rights to cancel.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
32. This contract is governed by the law of England and Wales.
33. Disputes can be submitted to the courts of England and Wales or, where the customer lives in Scotland or Norther Ireland, within their respective courts.
34. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with disputes by emailing the Publishing Director